The Pre-Professional Program includes general education courses that follow the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) guidelines and provides students with requisites to most degrees, such as medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, and different fields of engineering and science. The IAI general education components include:
- Communications: 9 credit hours
- Humanities & Fine Arts: 9 credit hours
- Physical & Life Sciences: 7-8 credit hours (one lab course from either life or physical sciences)
- Mathematics: 3-6 credit hours
- Social and Behavioral Sciences: 9 credit hours
NWSC’s Pre-Professional Programs are designed to meet core course requirements in general education. These courses provide students with a solid foundation by exposing them to different areas of studies. In addition to strengthening effective communication and critical thinking skills, courses offer greater insight to students choosing their lifelong careers. Moreover, as a required component of each NWSC major, these courses include students from a variety of backgrounds, thereby providing a real-world, diverse interactive experience.
Contact us today to learn more about our Pre-Professional Program and general education courses.Request Information