Top 6 Reasons Why a Dental Assistant Career is For You

Are you a loving, empathetic person wishing to work in a dental practice? Why not start your road to a lucrative profession as a dental assistant?

There are several benefits to becoming a dental assistant. Your dental assistant profession might offer good employment prospects and a nice workplace. With so many dental assistant training programs around you to select from, it is critical that you pick one that meets both your personal and academic objectives.

So you’re wondering what it’s like to work as a dental assistant. What classes are required to become a dental assistant? Continue reading to discover more about this great job and some motivating reasons to become a dental assistant!

Create More Smiles as a Dental Assistant

Dental assistants play an important role in dentistry. They work with dentists, dental hygienists, and patients to provide excellent dental care. Writing notes, taking x-rays, and developing positive attitudes are important traits that dental assistants need to be a successful dental assistant. Dental assistants have been trained to provide excellent dental services for patients. As a dental assistant, you can help create a healthy smile for patients in a welcoming, compassionate, and professional environment.

Rewarding Career

Dental assistant careers are enjoyable, rewarding, and offer a great work environment. A dental assistant career offers the opportunity to work with dentists to help people, create a healthy and functional smile, create healthy relationships with patients, and have fun doing a job that you truly enjoy!

Workplace Safety

Dental office environments aren’t often considered dangerous, but they can be. Dental assistants must use equipment such as dental drills and x-ray machines that emit radiation. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) recommends that dental assistants avoid working with radiation machines where possible. Dental assistants are also at risk for workplace injuries from working with sharp instruments and heavy equipment. Be sure to ask your training school about any safety concerns.

Work Associations

Being an office assistant offers a great opportunity to build relationships with other people in the dental office and make new friends. Dental assistants must work closely with dentists, dental hygienists, and dental lab technicians. Dental assistant careers are enjoyable and helpful in providing the best dental care to patients.

Career Outlook

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the dental assistant career outlook is projected to grow by 19% through 2026. This is faster than the estimated growth of most jobs in the United States.

Location Flexibility

A dental assistant career allows you to work in many locations. The BLS reported that 40% of dental assistants work in private dental offices, and many of these assistants work within small towns. Additionally, the remaining 60% of dental assistants work in other settings such as health and personal care stores, dentist offices, and non-dental health services.


Now that you know more about dental assistant careers, it’s time to do your research. Visit websites of the top dental schools to learn more about the schools, the programs, and the admission process. Make sure you find the dental assistant program that best fits your academic and personal goals.

You can enroll in a certified dental assistant program at Northwest Suburban College in Schaumburg, IL. Our college focuses mostly on healthcare career training, perfect for aspiring healthcare professionals. Contact us today to learn more about our programs.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

I Want Answers!