- Meet with the Admissions Representative for information about the programs.
- Complete the NWSC Application for Admission and submit the application fee.
- Applications are available in the NWSC Admissions Office or click here to apply on line
- Request all official college transcript(s) showing the courses taken and grades received from accredited college(s) to be sent directly from the school to:
Northwest Suburban College
5999 S. New Wilke Road, Suite # 500
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
- At the time of enrollment, students may provide an unofficial copy of college transcripts. However, students must submit the official transcripts to the College prior to graduation in order for courses to be officially transferred.
- Please note that transcripts will be retained for one year from the date of receipt for applicants who do not subsequently enroll.
- Submit proof of immunization detailing the month, day, and year of vaccine receipt for, at a minimum, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, and tetanus.
- For acceptable documentation and exemptions, see College Policies, Vaccinations.
- Set up payment arrangements with the NWSC Accounts Office.
- Attend the Student Orientation on the scheduled date.
Once official transcripts are received, the following policies may apply to transfer credits:
- NWSC may transfer up to 25 credit hours with grades of B or higher for the associate programs.
- Though infrequent, exceptions may be made by the Assistant/Dean of Academic Affairs for courses with grades of C or higher and/or the number of transferred credits.
- Student advisors will determine transferrable credits and notify the student in writing.
- Transfer hours can be used towards the new degree, but the transfer credit will not be included in the current GPA.
- Transfer courses with credits that are greater than the NWSC equivalent course will be given the NWSC course credit amount. Transfer courses with credits that are less than the NWSC equivalent course will be given the transfer credit amount.
- No credit for coursework completed at another institution will be accepted if the same or equivalent course is taken at Northwest Suburban College.
- Credits for transfer courses completed more than 10 years before the time of admission may be denied.
- Transfer credits will be applied to the degree program requirements if the student successfully completes the remaining coursework in his/her major field of study.
- Foreign transcripts must be evaluated at the student’s expense by an outside agency, or if an exception is made by the Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Transferring students may refer to the State of Illinois guidelines.