Get the Best Out of Your College Experience with Our Friendly Admissions Representatives
You’ve done your research and decided to apply for college. We want to congratulate you on making that decision! Getting a good education can be life changing, opening up new avenues and opportunities for you. There are some steps that you have to take to begin your career training, and sitting down with an Admissions Advisor can make the whole process go smoother. They will help you with everything from answering your questions about programs or the school to providing you with enrollment assistance.
General Admissions Requirements
Northwest Suburban College has a rolling admission policy. Please note the following requirements are for general entrance to the College. Admission to a specific program may require fulfilling its own entrance criteria.
Certificates are issued upon completion of all requirements, including externship and supervised learning hours where applicable, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (out of 4.0), unless otherwise noted.
The general requirements are:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent. See Admission Procedure below for more information.
- Provisional acceptance may be provided to a student who does not meet this requirement. However, the student must provide a signed attestation of graduation, which must include the name of the high school attended, city, state, and graduation.
- Proof of vaccination from measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, and tetanus or documented exemption, which must be submitted within the first 8 weeks of enrollment.
- Students are required to complete a background check, which must be received by the College within 7 days of the start of classes.
- Complete the NWSC Application for Admission.
- Applications are available in the NWSC Admissions Office or on the College website (www.nwsc.edu).
- Meet with an Admissions Representative for information about the program.
- Request your official high school or GED (General Education Development) transcript be sent directly from the school to:
Northwest Suburban College / Admissions
5999 S. New Wilke Road,
Building 500 Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
- Alternatively, at the time of enrollment, students may provide an official, original copy of the high school or GED transcript or diploma. The College Admissions Representative will make copies of the documents provided by the student, attest that these are copies of original documents, and keep copies in the student’s file.
- Provisional acceptance may be provided to a student who does not meet this requirement. However, the student must provide a signed attestation of graduation, which must include the name of the high school attended, city, state, and graduation date.
- Submit proof of immunization detailing the month, day, and year of vaccine receipt for, at a minimum, measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, and tetanus.
- For acceptable documentation and exemptions, see Student Policies, Vaccinations.
- Meet with the Institutional Aid Administrator/Representative who will provide information about various levels of institutional grants available and provide information about the multiple payment plans to choose from.
- Complete the enrollment agreement and other required forms.
- Initiate the background check. (The report must be received by the College within seven days of the start of the class).
- Pay the enrollment fee at the Accounts Office.
- Set up payment arrangements with the NWSC Accounts Office or Institutional Aid Office.
- Attend the Student Orientation on the scheduled date.
Check Out the Course Catalog
Learn what NWSC is all about. Click on the link to view or download the NWSC Catalog. You can also pick up a printed copy in the admissions office.
View the Academic Calendar
Is Northwest Suburban College Right For You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Allied Health and exploring if Northwest Suburban College is right for you, fill out the form on this page to receive more information.Apply Now
For immediate questions, call 847-290-6425